Parsel is a postal sending with the content of objects of cultural, social and other purpose.
Nature of content : various kinds of objects of cultural, social and production purpose, food of long-term preservation, printed products etc.
Packaging : cardboard boxes, soft coverings (small bags). Packing that you choose should suit the content and provide safekeeping of postal items.
Sending within Ukraine
Parcels without declared value accepted for sending without the evaluation of their content.
How to send: provide operator of the post-office with the parcel.
How to receive: at the nearest post-office present the document identifying your person and get a parcel.
Parcel with the declared value – accepted for sending with the evaluation of the content cost determined by you.
How to send: provide operator of the post-office with the parcel and get the document with calculation of the value.
How to receive: at the nearest post-office present the document identifying your person by signature.
Benefits of the parcels with declared value:
- Posting confirmation – the receipt with posting calculation;
- Registration to the accompanying documents across the path of posting;
- Delivery confirmation (delivery against signature);
- Liability of the operator in case of loss according to the Law of Ukraine “On Postal Service.”
When sending ordinary parcels and parcels with declared content value, the following services can be used:
Delivery notice (full text) is the notice with which we inform the sender when and to whom (the recipient or his representative) the sending is handed.
Registered sending is handed under the signature. The form of delivery notice comprises:
- name of recipient and date of the posting is handed;
- at the handing of posting to adult members of the family: kinship (father, mother, son, daughter, etc.);
- by proxy: the name of the trustee;
- indication “personal”: signature and name.
Once the delivery notice is issued it returns to the sender the fastest way and is served in the order provided for ordinary mail.
Payment on delivery – parcels with declared value and payment on delivery are to be paid by the recipient and payment is sent to the return address.
SMS-message is the message that you receive on your cell phone immediately when the parcel is delivered to the recipient.
With inventory – filling form of parcel inventory
Sending out of Ukraine
Without the declared value is a common parcel that is sent according to a simple procedure.
With declared value– the parcel, accepted for transfer with the evaluation of its content determined by the sender.
How to send (ordinary and with declared value): a parcel should be handed to the operator of the post-office; the parcel is to be open for content check.
Complete the accompanying address SR71-form or SR72 form-pack, and CN23 customs declaration.
SR71 form accompanying address to be filled in one copy. Recipient’s and sender’s addresses should be written on the parcel and on SR71 form accompanying addresses in the language of the destination country or in French or English with indication of country name in Ukrainian. Addresses must be complete and clear. It’s not allowed to write in pencil, but chemical one. Address written on the parcel and on the SR71form should be identical.
Please, indicate in the form accompanying addresses the method of parcel return in case of its failure to be handed to the recipient. Mark only one method. Also specify the amount of the declared value in the national currency.
CN23 Customs Declaration consists of a number of copies specified in the “list of items prohibited for transfer.” In CN23 customs declaration write down the full address of the sender and the recipient, the name of each item that is sent, its weight and cost.
You can send a parcel with the declared value with payment on delivery to those countries, which concluded a bilateral agreement on the exchange of postal items with shipping costs.
How to receive: parcel is delivered to the recipient and handed personally against the signature.
When sending packages use the following services:
Delivery notice is the notice with which we inform the sender when and to whom (the recipient or his representative) the sending is handed.
Registered sending is handed under the signature. The form of delivery notice contains:
- the recipient’s name and the date of parcel delivery;
- when the parcel is handed to adult members of the family: kinship (father, mother, son, daughter, etc.);
- when received by proxy: the name of the trustee;
- if labeled “personal”: signature and name.
By messenger – delivered by courier.
You can send any international registered postal items marked “by messenger”. They are delivered by courier upon their arrival to the facility of postal services.
Such postal items are accepted for transfer only to the countries specified in the Guidelines for acceptance of international mail (link to the guidelines).
Benefits of the parcels with declared value:
- liability of the operator in case of loss (damage) in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Postal Service”;
- possibility to track parcels on the site in section “Tracking of postal items”.
Rules of addressing international parcels
Under the regulations of the Acts of the Universal Postal Union (Doha, 2012) at the international mail items should be following information:
- text of the recipient’s address, it is written in the bottom right corner of the front side of the sending. The address must be clear and complete. It has to be written in Latin letters and Arabic numerals and must be legible. If in the destination country other letters and numbers are used – write the address in those letters and numbers (i.e., in the language of the destination country). Name of the settlement and the country of destination should be written in capital letters. It is advisable to indicate name of the destination country in the language of the country of origin;
- text of the sender’s address is written in the upper left corner of the front side of the parcel in the language of the country of origin or in Latin letters and Arabic numerals. When specifying the addresses in the language of origin country the name of the settlement and the country should be also written in Latin letters.
At the international mail to CIS countries the recipient’s and sender’s addresses can be written in Russian.
Also, when addressing international sending check with the requirements of the destination country on language of addressing. Information on these requirements is available at every post-office.
Destination address of the postal item has to be written in the following sequence:
- the recipient’s name in the nominative case: full name;
- street name, house number, apartment number;
- the name of the settlement, district, region;
- ZIP code
- the country of destination.
Sample order for addressing international mail