Order of packing of postal consignmentsDownload in PDF
When packing mail for forwarding, consider the following rules and features:
- The type of package shipment is selected by the sender depending on the form and nature of the attachment, the type of item, taking into account the time for its delivery, as well as preventing damage to the life and health of postal workers or third parties, contamination (damage) of other postal items and postal equipment.
- The packaging must ensure the safety of the attachments, as well as the ability to freely affix the postal address and other marks, and the processing of the item by technical means.
- Packaging of postal items involves placing an investment in the packaging (box, box, bag, paper, plastic film, etc.); packing of individual elements of attachment, gluing of valves, sheathing, slotting of ventilation openings, etc., for which additional charge is charged according to the applicable tariffs for other postal services.
- The following packaging may be used for packaging: mailing envelopes, special envelopes made of polymeric materials (plastic bags), paper, cases, boxes, sacks, wallets, bags with air inserts, corrugated cardboard boxes and more.
- Plants (grapevine, saplings, etc.), non-folding items (drawing boards, baby sleds, tire covers, suitcases, cans, solid pieces such as pieces of wood, pieces of metal, etc.), except for sharp and cutting items, sizes and weights not exceeding those provided for in the Terms of Service may be shipped without packaging. In this case, the recipient’s address is indicated on the item itself.
- A large wooden pallet (shipment palletizing) is used to transport large size shipments and weights, which ensures the integrity of the shipments and other attachments.
- Wooden trusses (timber frame) are used to transport large-sized items and weights that have protruding parts or geometric parameters that can damage this or other items. In this case, the departure is fixed by spacer-locks, should not be movable. Attachments are packed in air-bubble film, covered with foam filler, there should be no empty spaces inside. It is forbidden to use solid wood for packaging.
- Indivisible items in factory packaging (wooden dictation boxes and durable cardboard boxes) that fit the size and ensure the attachment is retained without additional packaging.
Order of packing of objects and things
Technical and electronic devicesAre subject to additional packing in a corrugated card box. All cavities should be filled with filler (foam sealant, bubble film, corrugated card).
Clothing and other soft goodsMay be wrapped in a soft cloth (fabric or stretch wrap). It is advisable to pre-wrap the content with plastic wrap or other waterproof material.
Glass or other fragile objectsPacked in a single wall corrugated fibreboard box (each item should be pre-wrapped with bubble wrap), or a wooden box filled with a protective material (foam inserts, bubble film, corrugated card, etc.).
Liquids and substancesLiquids and substances in plastic or metal containers and in bottles, including those with a spray mechanism on top, with a capacity of up to 6 litres shall be packed in a single wall corrugated fibreboard box or in two layers of stretch wrap to prevent any possible leakage.
SolidsDry dyes such as aniline blue, non-coloured dry powders and colouring powders should be packed in strong containers (box, bag). The latter should also be placed in a box.
Bulk solidsDepending on the size of the initial cover, they shall be packed in a bag or at least in two layers of a stretch wrap.
Living organismsLive bees, flies of the Drosophila family, leeches and parasites should be placed in wooden boxes. All sides of the boxes must be tightly fastened with screws or nails. The box should have a ventilation with a dense grid. Any damages of the box and the vent are not allowed. Bees should not be sent in cardboard boxes with holes exceeding 2 mm, fastened with a stapler. Such item shall be marked with “CAUTION, BEES” label on the destination side. In the non-automated post office, this mark is indicated on the item shell with a ballpoint pen or marker of any colour (except red, yellow and green) by hand.
Accurate measuring instrumentsShould be packed in rigid containers with gaskets to prevent damage to the content during shipment. Instruments with glass parts are packaged in special-purpose parcel boxes.
Fresh vegetables and fruitsShould be packed in boxes or single wall corrugated fibreboard boxes, the side walls of which should have ventilation or vertical cuts, as well as in wicker baskets with a solid stable bottom (except conical), the upper part of which is covered with a sturdy fabric.
Animal fur and materialsFur, rodents without special treatment, as well as wool, bristles, hair, feathers and down in the presence of a veterinary certificate issued by the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection, should be packed in a cloth (burlap) or plastic bag that is enclosed in boxes. If several such parcels are sent to one address, a veterinary certificate indicating the amount of fur (rodent skins or wool weight) shall be submitted for each of them.
Trees and bushes rootstocksShould be packed in one layer of bubble wrap or corrugated card, placed in a corrugated card box or packed in two layers of stretch wrap, depending on the size of rootstocks. Packing in special tubes is also allowed.
Do not forget!
Background information: inward mailing with declared value with attachment description is submitted for forwarding. other internal letters, parcels with declared value and parcels may be submitted in open and closed form (at the request of the sender).