At the meeting of 10st of October 2018 the Сabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the candidates of independent members and State representatives of Supervisory Council of National Operator of Postal Communications PJSC Ukrposhta. Specifically, Benoit Pleska (Belgium), Joona Saluveer (Estonia), Jakub Karnowski (Poland), Tommy Jensen (Denmark), Oksana Volchko (Ukraine) and the representatives of the State Oleksandr Ozeran and Yuriy Tustanovskyi.
Introducing the candidates at the meeting Minister of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Oleksandr Sayenko reminded that the competitive selection of the independent members of Supervisory Council is made by the Commission for designation of the managers for enterprises that are especially important for Ukraine`s economy.
“Supervisory Council of the Company will include powerful managers that helped such companies as National Postal Service Romania, Polish State Railroad, Postal operator of Baltic States Omniva pass through difficult transformation times. All of them have unique expertise and are ready to contribute to development of the national postal operator Ukrposhta” – commented Oleksandr Sayenko.
Minister added that five independent members of the Supervisory Council were selected out of twenty final candidacies that entered the short-list. Totally the short-list includes four Ukrainians, five Polish and one representative from Romania, Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece, Italy, Estonia, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands respectively as well as USA and Great Britain.
The professional recruiting company (personnel selection expert) Amrop made selection of the independent members of the Supervisory Council. The information about independent members of the Supervisory Council of PJSC Ukrposhta.
– Benoit Pleska (Belgium) is an experienced manager in FMCG and retail, has over 20 years of work experience on managerial positions and in the capacity of the member and Chairman of the Management Board in international companies in Eastern and Western Europe including Ukraine. As the member of the Management Board in Danone he implemented numerous processes designed to enhancement of transparency of activity of the company. In record time he completed financial restructuring of Holcim company. He signed a couple of big agreements for merger, acquisition and mobilization of financing on Romanian market as partner BBV Capital. He had a valuable work experience in National Postal Service of Romania where at that time there were 29 thousand employees. In particular, he prepared the company for privatization, we managed the process of financial restructuring of its debts. He received the Master grade in personnel administration in Stanford University.
– Joona Saluveer (Estonia) has over 15 years of managerial experience among which 7 years in postal operator of Estonia Omniva. He helped Omniva company to go beyond Estonian market and to double the volumes of postal items. Affiliate companies of Omniva in Latvia and Lithuania showed significant growth of volumes of postal items and high satisfaction of the clients and subsequently he was appointed CEO of Omniva Group (Eesti Post Group). In 2017 Omniva ranked 13 in the world rating of the Universal Postal Union becoming the best among Scandinavian operators. As CEO of the company Mr Saluveer was appointed the member of the Supervisory Councils of Omniva SIA (Latvia), Omniva LT UAB (Lithuania), Post11 (Estonia), Maksekeskus U (Estonia).
He received the Executive МВА grade in Tartu University (Estonia).
– Jakub Karnowski (Poland) is a professional with work experience in the field of finances, industry and investments. He worked in the capacity of independent Member of the Management Board and head of committees for audit of State and private companies such as HSBC Bank Polska, PZU, Allianz Life, Allianz Investment Fund та Euler Hermes Poland.
He implemented instruments for corporate management in PKP Group, was the head of its Supervisory Council. He successfully completed the process of privatization of PKP Cargo S.A. He worked at the realization of the project Pendolino – launch of high-speed trains in Central and Eastern Europe. The degreed finance analyst of CFA. Ph.D. in Economics. He received the MBS grade in Minnesota University.
– Tommy Jensen (Denmark) has 15 years of managerial work experience in the leading international corporation Bunge. At first Mr Jensen was a business manager in Bunge (Poland). Later the sphere of his responsibilities was extended to North and Central Europe. And six years later he was appointed the manager of eight geographic units Bunge EMEA in Europe, Central Asia and Africa. Mr Jensen was appointed CEO and Member of Global Executive Committee Bunge EMEA which is one of five key companies of international network Bunge. In addition, he also was the manager of realization of the big investment project of the company in Ukraine – construction of the plant and port terminal in Mykolaiv of the value of 180 M USD.
He graduated from Harvard Business School with the major in AMP (Advanced Management Program).
– Oksana Volchko (Ukraine) has over 10 years of work experience on managerial positions in multi-national companies in financial sphere and experience of realization of the projects in real sector. She specialized in strategic planning, building of teams, management of changes and transformational processes. She worked for a long time in Ukrainian Raiffeisen Bank Aval, in recent years she worked as Corporate Business Development Director. She has a work experience in supervisory councils. She received the Executive МВА grade in Sheffield University (Great Britain). She is a UCGA graduate (Ukrainian Academy of Corporate Administration).
Information about the members of the Supervisory Council – government representatives of PJSC Ukrposhta:
– Oleksandr Ozeran, Director General of Directorate of State Policy in the sphere of digital infrastructure in transport and postal services of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine. He received the master grade in project management in KPI National Technical University. He has a work experience in private companies in investment sphere and in state enterprises. We also worked in public sector, was the head of the organization “Energy Efficiency Institute of Ukraine”.
– Yuriy Tustanovskyi, Head of the Executive Support Service of the First Vice Prime Minister of Ukraine. Master in banking. Master of State administration, he studied public finance in Kyiv School of Economics (KSE). The total work experience is over 13 years. He has an experience of operational management in commercial companies of financial sector where he focused on building of the regional network of financial services provision.
He worked on different positions in State Sector starting from 2012.
Recruiting of independent members into the supervisory councils of State enterprises corresponds to international practice and recommendations of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and which most developed and developing countries adhere to.
We would like to remind you that the competitive selection on the positions of the independent members of the Supervisory Council of PJSC Ukrposhta was announced on 25th of June. 89 candidates out of which 48 Ukrainians submitted applications for participation in the competitive selection.
For your information
In order to enhance the process of selection and provision of new quality of decisions on 21st of March 2018 Government approved the revised procedure of selection of managers and members of supervisory councils for State companies especially important for economy (resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dd. 3rd of September 2008 No. 777). In accordance with the new Procedure the Commission for designations was transferred to the level of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and quantity of its members was reduced from 18 to 8 (four representatives of the Government and four independent experts with the right of consultative vote).The commission for designations takes care of the functions such as initiation of the selection, determination of criteria for candidacies, selection of candidacies, recommendations for conditions of the contract with candidates; instead of several commissions for selection at ministries one commission is created which is responsible for preliminary selection and generation of short lists of candidates, for assessment of candidates the personnel selection expert is obligatorily involved (professional recruiter) who does not just help to select the most qualified candidates but as well involves the managers with international expertise to the participation in selection procedures. According to the revised procedure the Supervisory Council of JSС Ukrzaliznytsia was established and on 20th of June 2018 was approved by the government resolution. On 3rd of October 2018 Government approved the Supervisory Council of NPC “Ukrenergo”. In October the competitive selection of the members of the Supervisory Council for two more big state companies was announced.